MATTERS OF THE HEART
WHEN YOU SHOULD SLOW DOWN IN A RELATIONSHIPThe word "RELATIONSHIP" does mean lot of different definition and context to different people based on the circumstances prevalent at that point in time.
According to the oxford advance learner dictionary, relationship is the way in wish people or country live together.
Ever relationship has a life span and an expiry date but must importantly when a relationship is due for expiry it is best to close the door gently because you may need to use that door some other day or time.
A relationship according to me is the physical, spiritual and emotional connectivity between two or more people with co-existence plan.
In every relationship there should be banners limits, exits entire e.t.c. which will be necessary needed in and outside the relationship.
Before you start a relationship
- Define it reasons, possible challenges.
- Set limits transparency and openness.
- Set expectation-communication.
- Outline the difference in both parties.
- Analyze parties temperament.
- seek to be patient and teachable-personal development.
Relationship is normally viewed as a connection between individuals such as a romantic or intimate relationship or a parent-child relationship. Individual can also have relationship with group of people such as the relationship between pastors and his congregation.
The natural development of a relationship follow five stages:
- Acquaintances: becoming acquainted depends on previous relationship,physical proximity, first impression and a variety of other factors. if two people begin to like each other continue interactions may lead to the next stage but acquaintance can continue indefinitely.
- Build -up: during this stages people begin to trust and care about each other. The need for intimacy, compatibility and such filtering agents as common background and goals will influence whither or not interaction continues.
- Continuation: the stage follows a mutual commitment to along-term friendship, romantic relationship and marriage. It is generally a long relative stable period. Nevertheless, continued growth and development will occur during this time. Mutual trust is important for sustaining the relationship.
- Deterioration: not all relationships deteriorate, but those that do tend to show signs of trouble, boredom, loss of trust and betrayals may take place as the downward spiral continue, eventually ending the relationship.(alternately, the participants may find some way to resolve the problem and re-establish trust).
- Termination:the final stage marks the end of the relationship, either by death in the ease of a healthy relationship or by seperation