Powered By Blogger

Thursday 14 January 2016

Entertainment My Cute Outfit On Stage Does Not Make Me A Prostitute – Singer Victoria Kimani

Kenyan-born Chocolate City artist, Victoria Kimani has written a long note reacting to the way female entertainers in Nigeria are treated.

kima.jpg

The singer warned that people should stop criticizing women who are working hard to make a living in the entertainment industry. She added that her cute outfit on stage and on your TV, does not make me a prostitute.

Read her full post:

“People need to start respecting FEMALE entertainers , presenters, Actors, artists, Models, dancers, business women , PR, managers , PA’s, singers, stylists , DJ's , designers and generally all positions in the Entertainment field in AFRICA. The amount of negativity, rumors, gossip, assumptions, judgement, hypocrisy, threats and over all EVIL EYE that is pointed towards these particular women is out of this world!

“NO!! Just because I'm a female doesn't mean I work for free!! NO! Just because I'm a business woman with standards doesn't make me a Bi$h. Yes, If I want to date someone that's A. My business and B. Up to my better judgement on who I want to invite into my life. C. It's complicated and NO, Just because I am singing to you in a cute outfit on stage and on your TV, does not make me a prostitute.

“There are too many People praying for me. For me to fall into the hands of the ENEMY so freely and easily. I work damn hard. I have been working on, dreaming about, planning for, building towards, sweating , crying, praying , waiting for, lost friends, faced loneliness, looked stupid, hated on, sabotaged, made mistakes , been under-rated and still raise up and be THE BADDEST. I respect me. I LOVE ME, I'm Extremely Proud of me and I respect YOU and Love you too. Respect the grind and go get yours too!”

No comments:

Post a Comment